… a Resource and Support Network
The Parenting with a Disability Network (PDN) is a peer support and information-sharing network for parents and prospective parents with a disability. The aim of PDN is to develop consumer friendly approaches to parenting with a disability by providing opportunities for networking, peer support, information-sharing and education.
- Peer support opportunities
- One-to-one support
- Resources on parenting with a disability
- Workshops and seminars
- Research and development of new models of support for parents with a disability
To learn more, click on one of the menu items on the right hand side.
Some of the publications are available in digital format free of charge. Please consider making a donation to CILT via Canada Help.
- Parenting with a Disability Bulletin (published quarterly)
- The Parenting Book for Persons with a Disability: from planning your family to raising adolescents (1999)
- Nurturing Assistance: A Guide to Providing Physical Assistance for Parents with Disabilities (2002) Click here for the Word version and here for the PDF version
- SCHOOL YEAR CHRONICLES: A Personal Collection of Your Child’s School Year Memories” (2009)
PDN Family Photo Album
For the past while, many of you have been hearing about the PDN photo album. Well, we are almost in the completion phase.Twenty families on the PDN have been interviewed and have submitted family photos. Once completed, the PDN Family Photo Album will serve as a promotional tool for parenting with a disability. CILT is having a booth, once again, at the Baby Time Show in November where we will be displaying the photo album for the first time.