Wheel-Trans is undergoing transformational changes that will ensure dignity, spontaneity, fairness and freedom of travel for all customers.
As part of these improvements, TTC has developed a new Wheel-Trans Late Cancellation and No-Show Policy that better reflects the needs and expectations of Wheel-Trans customers.
This new customer-friendly policy came into effect on September 7, 2017.
Here are some highlights of the new policy:
- The penalty system has been replaced with a more generous point system. Customers will have a bank of Life Happens Points that can be used if they have to cancel or miss a trip unexpectedly.Customers will receive eight Life Happens Points that are replenished monthly. Each late cancellation uses one point and each no-show or cancel-at-the-door uses two points. This will provide customers with almost twice the flexibility of the previous policy.
- When customers late-cancel, the driver is still able to re-route the vehicle to pick-up another passenger who may need a ride. When they no-show or cancel-at-the-door, the driver is unable to do this and that resource is lost.
- To be fair to all customers, the new policy reflects this by weighing the points used for late cancellations and no-shows/cancelling at the door differently.
- If customers late-cancel multiple times in one day, they will only have to use one Life Happens Point (i.e. daily max of one point for late-cancels).
- If customers no-show or cancel-at-the-door multiple times in one day, they will have to use two Life Happens Points each time this occurs (i.e. no daily max is applied to no-shows and cancel-at-the-doors, due to negative impact on service and other customers).
- Customers will be able to cancel their trips up to four hours before their scheduled pick-up time without using any Life Happens Points.
The old policy required them to cancel before 11:30 p.m. the night before their trip.
For more information about the new Wheel-Trans Late Cancellation and No-Show Policy, please visit our website: ttc.ca/wheeltrans or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org