Disabled Peoples’ International (DPI) is looking for two youth who would like to work with the disabled community by experiencing a six-month overseas internship, as well as an orientation and de-briefing session. Eligible young interns must be:
- between the ages of 19 and 30
- a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- a post-secondary graduate; that is, a graduate of a degree or diploma program in a university, college, post-secondary school of technology, post-secondary institute or a CÉGEP (college d’enseignement general et professionnel, Québec);
- out of school (that is, you must not have courses, coop-terms or theses left to complete to satisfy your current degree requirements);
- ready to begin your professional career;
- unemployed or underemployed
- legally entitled to work in Canada, and
- have not participated in a previous paid, career-related international work experience or a Youth Employment Strategy international internship program in the past
Orientation is July/August 2005 in Winnipeg.
Internship is September 2005-February 2006 at overseas Host Organization. De-briefing is for two weeks in March. The two positions hosted by DPI will be located in:
- Latin America’s Regional Development Office in Peru, assisting the Regional Development Officer
- Disabled People South Africa, working on a project addressing HIV/AIDS and women with disability in South Africa.
For more information or to apply for either position, please send your resume and a covering letter expressing your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org