The Centre for Independent Living in Toronto (CILT) is accepting applications for the Helen Henderson Literary Award.
This award will be granted to a CILT member, or an ally recommended by a CILT member, who produced an outstanding piece of writing related to raising public awareness of a disability issue or barrier.
The award recipient will receive a lifetime membership at CILT, plus a cash prize of $200.
The deadline for submissions is 5 p.m., Mar. 31, 2016. Eligibility criteria include:
- One (1) published piece of writing (published on a website, blog, open letter to the editor or in a journal, newsletter or magazine);
- Submission must be in English or French;
- Minimum 700 words; maximum 3,000 words;
- Addresses at least one (1) disability issue or barrier;
- Published within a year of the submission deadline.
For more information on Helen Henderson, her legacy and how to apply for this award, please download the application.