at Birchmount Bluffs Neighbourhood Centre!
Check out the Fall session of theirActive and Able
Programs for many accessible programs and services:
• Chair Tai Chi: Enjoy fun, low-impact movements that improve muscle flexibility, strength, energy and relaxation, while practising a martial art. Mondays, 11:45am-12:45pm. Sept. 11 – Dec. 4 ($11 for 11 wks)
• Barrier Free Access to Swimming Project: enjoy attendant-supported swimming for youth and adults at one of 3 locations. A partnership program, it is offered 1 weekday, from this October to May 2007. For inquiries and registration info, call Constantine at 416 690-8804. (Free)
• Staff-assisted Swimming/Hot tub Program: the fall session of this integrated program runs on Fridays: noon-2:30pm, from Sept 15. (Free)
• Capacity building: check out monthly-held events that build capacity on many topics related to disability. Open to people and service providers. Tuesdays, 1-3:30pm. Sept. 19, Oct. 17, Nov 21. Call for info. (Free)
• Fitness/Wellness Classes: we offer access to many integrated programs, including low impact wellness classes like yoga, Aquafitness.
Fall session starts the week of Sept. 11 and runs for 12 weeks. Registration begins Sept. 7. Annual membership is $5. Program subsidies available for some applicants. Location: Birchmount Bluff’s Neighbourhood Centre. 93 Birchmount Rd. Scarborough, Ontario (at Kingston Rd).
For inquiries, please contact 416 396-7606 or firstname.lastname@example.org