Employment Specialist (Job Developer)
BALANCE is a non-profit agency serving individuals who are blind or vision impaired in the GTA since 1986. We are currently seeking an Employment Specialist to support our new Employment Services program under the direction of the Ontario Disability Supports Program Employment Services. The successful candidate would start immediately.
- Continue development of BALANCE’s new Employment Services Program.
- Network with employers and HR Professionals to identify employment opportunities and promote BALANCE
- Develop partnerships with employers and advocate on behalf of BALANCE clients
- Assess candidate’s qualifications and match with suitable employment opportunities
- Coach clients in preparing and competing for job opportunities
- Evaluate job sites/work stations to assess feasibility of job, determine potential barriers, necessary training and possible adaptations
- Support client’s already working and requiring job maintenance, retention or advancement
- Communicate and cooperate with partner programs in Toronto
• Follow up with employers and candidates in new positions and document project activities and manage monthly reporting
- Manage the development, maintenance and updating of employment resource materials
- Complete all forms and record-keeping as required for the program
- Familiarity with the challenges faced by job seekers who are blind or vision impaired
- Case management experience in the community
- Strong familiarity with adaptive technology used by people who are blind or vision impaired and the ability to confidently convey the benefits and capabilities of these technologies (e.g. JAWS, WindowEyes, ZoomText, Kurzweil, Duxbury, etc.)
- Ability to identify need for Orientation & Mobility, sighted-guide, sensitivity training, etc
- Computer literacy; MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet, etc.
- Must have the ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Working knowledge of the Ontario Disability Support Program – Employment Supports (ODSP-ES) service provider guidelines and strong marketing knowledge and experience in employment placement services an asset.
Interested candidates send applications with cover letter ASAP to Sue Archibald, Executive Director at BALANCE. Deadline to apply: Monday, April 30th, email@example.com Fax: 416-236-4280