Youth Summer Theatre Program
CultureLink Newcomer Youth Centre is looking for 10 energetic youth to participate in their summer theatre program.
Tasks and Responsibilities include:
- participate in training component
- research available and relevant resources
- participate in educational workshops ( anti racism, leadership, popular theatre)
- participate in development and management of theatre piece (write script, build sets, rehearsal etc.)
- contact and liaise with community groups, schools and Boards of Education
- perform theatre piece in schools and the community
- commitment to return to schools and/or community and participate in equity activities
- interest in working around issues facing newcomer youth in Canada
- strong communication skills
- commitment to anti-racism
- experience or interest in theatre and popular theatre
- able to work well in a team
- self-motivated and punctual
- between the age of 15 – 21
- serious commitment to having a fun summer
Wage: $8.00/hour, 35 hours/week
Duration: 10 weeks, June 25 – August 31, 2007.
We encourage applications from students of all backgrounds. Refugee Claimants, Convention refugees, permanent residents and citizens welcome to apply.
Application Deadline: June 13