Check out the Winter session of our Active and Able Program
designed for persons with disAbilities or health barriers:
- Accessible Youth Programs: youth enjoy inclusive activities at our accessible Youth Centre. Include pre-employment services, workshops/skills training, Peer Support Art Group, social drop-in. Some attendant services provided. Free.
- Chair Tai Chi Class: practice gentle movements that improve flexibility, energy, relaxation. Thur. Jan. 8-Mar. 26. 11am-Noon ($12 for 12 weeks)
- Barrier Free Access to Swimming: enjoy attendant-supported leisure swimming. Tues Jan.13-Mar.31. Noon-3pm. Free. Info: call 416 690-8804
- Staff-Assisted Hot Tub & Pool Program: enjoy attendant-supported access to hot tub & pool. Fri. Jan 9-Mar. 27. Noon-3pm. Free with $5 annual membership.
- Gentle Motions 1-Water Movements: practise low-impact exercises in accessible Hot Tub. Lift chair or stair access. Thurs. Jan.8-Mar. 26. 10-10:40am. ($20, 12 wks)
- Bluffers Peer Support Group: Adults share ideas and peer support in this self-directed club. Activities include workshops, discussions and outings. Every other Friday: 2-4pm Free with $5 annual membership.
- Advocacy & Counseling
- Wellness/fitness Programs
- Information & Referral
- Free Workshops
Winter session starts week of Jan. 5 and runs for 12 weeks. Registration is ongoing and can be done at centre’s reception. Program subsidies are offered. Annual Membership: $5. Attendant services are provided for some programs.
For information, please call David Meyers at 416 396-7606 or email at email@example.com
Location: Birchmount Bluff’s Neighbourhood Centre.
93 Birchmount Rd. Scarborough (at Kingston Rd).