PLEASE NOTE: This listing is compiled by CILT for information purposes only. CILT does not recommend or endorse the companies listed.
Health and Medical Centres & Consumer-Recommended Doctors
Wheelchair Accessible Mammogram clinics in Ontario
Click the following link for a complete list: OBSP Screening Site Locations (Wheelchair Accessible).
Dentists and Dental
Dr. Aronov, Dentist
Atrium on Bay
595 Bay Street
Toronto, ON M5G 2C2
Dr. Frankel, Dentist
181 University Avenue, Suite 68
Toronto, ON M5H 3M7
Dr. Kocherginski, Dentist
Phone: 416-363-4115 (located at Front & George)
- May also have someone available to transfer into dentist chair.
- Consumer can stay in wheelchair.
- Recommended by a consumer who uses a power wheelchair.
Dr. Nurgitz, Dentist
4433 Sheppard Avenue East, Suite 203 (Sheppard & Brimley)
- Building has a low-floor entry for Wheel-Trans buses.
- An elevator is available that requires a key for entry.
- Clinic does not have accessible washrooms, but some are available in the strip mall.
- The door is a side-entry only, which may be difficult for some consumers with large power chairs.
- Wheelchair parking available.
- Dentist is consumer-recommended.
Dr. Michael J. Sigal, Orthopedic Dental Surgeon
Mount Sinai Hospital
600 University Avenue
- Recommended by a consumer/employee with osteogenesis imperfecta (brittle bones) who uses a power wheelchair.
Dental Emergency Services
Open until midnight, seven days a week
1650 Yonge Street (at St. Clair)
Mount Sinai Hospital Dental Program for Persons with Disabilities
Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto
Mount Sinai Hospital
600 University Avenue, 4th Floor
Toronto, ON M5G 1X5
- Mount Sinai has been recognized as a leading dental care centre that serves people with various types of disabilities.
- It is the only comprehensive dental program of its kind in an Ontario medical hospital.
- Recommended by a consumer with osteogenesis imperfect.
- Rhe program’s director is Dr. Sigal (see entry).
Sunnybrook Dental Clinic
- Provides specialized dental care.
- Recommended by a consumer.
Toronto Academy of Dentistry
- Dentists from around the city are on-call after regular business hours. The consumer would have to find out where dentist is located and if it is accessible beforehand.
University of Toronto Dental Clinic
Phone: 416-979-4927 x4335
- Students are supervised by dentists
Anne Johnston Health Station
2398 Yonge Street
Toronto, ON M4P 2H4
- The centre has a family physician on-call Mondays to Saturdays. Consumers are asked to contact Mietra for other referrals to medical doctors with accessible clinics that specialize in working with people with specific disabilities.
MedVisit Doctors Housecall Service
- Service is available 8 AM to 11:30 PM, 7 Days a Week. For emergencies, call 911. A doctor’s visit is fully covered by OHIP. MedVisit is free of charge. When you need a doctor to visit your home, MedVisit provides:
- Caring physicians making house calls.
- Same day service.
- Copy of medical report on request.
- Prescriptions phoned in to your pharmacy on request.
Dr. Henry Brent, Ophthamologist
One Medical Place
20 Wynford Drive
North York, ON M3C 1J4
- Office is small.
- No transfers required.
- Recommended by a consumer with osteogenesis imperfecta.
Dr. Lori Maggisano-Arciero, Optometrist
586 Eglinton Ave. East, Suite #808 (East of Bayview, two buildings east of the Dominion Store)
Toronto, ON M4P 1P2
Dr. Michael H. Ford, Orthopedic Surgeon
Orthopedic & Arthritic Institute, Sunnybrook and Women’s College Health Sciences Centre
43 Wellesley St. East, Suite 315
Toronto ON M4Y 1H1