Title: Pre-Employment Training Program
Location: Toronto, Ontario
The CIBC Career Access Program is a positive measures initiative to enhance employment opportunities for People with Disabilities, which is one of the four employment equity groups defined by the Employment Equity Act.
The Pre-Employment Training Program (PET) is being provided to People with Disabilities through a special partnership between CIBC and JVS Toronto. It is designed to train up to 10 individuals over a six-week period. Upon successful completion of the training component, individuals who enter the program will be placed into one of the following roles:
- Transaction Processor
- Customer Services Representative
Classes will be held Monday to Friday from 9:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. (hours may be subject to change). Enrolment in the program is free and all participants will receive a weekly stipend while undergoing the training component.
The key responsibilities of these roles include:
- Verify documentation, track and document detailed findings for various processes using independent assessments ensuring staff is following standard procedures and guidelines to complete work activities. Resolve any issues to ensuring Service Level Agreements are met.
- Participating in all aspects of the project lifecycle including everything from business case development to implementation planning.
- Processing both financial transactions (such as deposits, exchanges, transfers, settlements, payments, credit, adjustments) and non-financial changes (such as account, investment changes, address updates etc).
- Generate and Analyze detailed reports on a weekly, monthly or ad hoc basis through spreadsheets and existing databases.
- Provide an excellent customer/client experience by responding to customers/clients inquiries in a courteous, knowledgeable and professional manner.
- Assess all information obtained through the process. Recognize potential profitability or risk concerns and direct them to the appropriate units for action.
- Follow up and resolve items of discrepancy and process problems within area of responsibility based on standard work procedures.
Top Skill Requirements:
- Working knowledge of banking products, services, programs, policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook).
- An ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously and process transactions accurately.
- A degree/diploma from a post-secondary institution is an asset.
Please visit www.cibc.com/careers and submit your résumé to file: J0206-0480